This scavenger hunt will have the primary kids hunting for the various parts of their testimony that is sung about in the primary song, The Church of Jesus Christ!
Print and download the circle illustrations at Susan Fitch’s website HERE. Cut out the circled images.
The, download bubble words at my Resource Library. Access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Print everything on card stock, cut out and laminate. Then write the following clues on the back of each bubble song phrases:
Scavenger Hunt Clues:
- Clue #1 goes on the boy and girl and says: “This is how the neighborhood knows what church I belong to” (this clue won’t be hidden – you have it in the Primary room when you begin the hunt).
- Clue #2 goes behind the 1st phrase and says: “I see my reflection here and know I am a child of God” (tape outside on the building’s name plate)
- Clue #3 goes behind the 2nd phrase and says: “I can read all about Heavenly Father & Jesus in lots of books located here” (place in a bathroom mirror – our ward has a family bathroom that I’ll use).
- Clue #4 goes behind the 3rd phrase and says: “The prophet helps me gain a testimony” (place in the library with the librarian or tape to the door).
- Clue #5 goes behind the 4th phrase and says: “Ward members (including me) can bear their testimonies here” (place behind a picture of the prophet in the primary room).
- Clue #6 goes behind the 5th phrase and says: “My Bishop has a strong testimony” (place on the podium in the chapel).
- Clue #7 goes behind the 6th phrase and says: “Primary music helps strengthen my testimony & to do what is right” (place on the bishop’s office door or with the Bishop).
- Clue #8 goes behind the 7th phrase and says: “Light shines in this door each morning just like I should share my light each day” (place on the piano in the Primary room)
- Clue #9 goes behind the 8th phrase and says: “Missionaries from our ward need strong testimonies while on their missions” (place on a door or window in the building that faces east)
Tape the last phrase near the ward missionary plaques in the foyer. Hide the various clues around the church building.
Before primary, hang the circle images, in order, around the bubble that says “My Testimony.”
Have small groups of kids go to get each clue (while you wait for the groups to come back, sing a wiggle song found HERE before the group gets back). When the groups returns, hang up the phrase around the boy and girl (see image below) and sing the phrases that are hung.
Time permitting, remove the bubble words and replace with the pictures. Or, shuffle the images and have them put them in order.
Find my lesson plan for teaching the 2nd verse of this song HERE.
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
The printables for this lesson plan can be found on my Resource Library under Song Title > The Church of Jesus Christ.