The Church of Jesus Christ scavenger hunt will have the Primary kids hunting for the various parts of their testimony! Ironically, all the these parts of a testimony come from the lyrics to this testimony-based Primary song!
My favorite scavenger hunt is around the building but if that isn’t feasible in your building, try it in the Primary room or outside! Below are details for all 3.
The Church of Jesus Christ Flip Chart
Print and download the circle flip chart from Susan Fitch’s website. Cut out the circled images, discarding all the words.
Then download these bubble words that contain each phrase found in the song:
Access these printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing the Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Print on card stock, cut out and laminate (optional). Then write the following clues on the back of each bubble song phrases:
Outdoor Scavenger Hunt Clues
- Clue #1 goes on the boy and girl and says: “This is how the neighborhood knows what church I belong to” (this clue won’t be hidden – you have it in the Primary room when you begin the hunt).
- Clue #2 goes behind the 1st phrase and says: “I see my reflection here and know I am a child of God” (tape outside on the building’s name plate)
- Clue #3 goes behind the 2nd phrase and says: “I can read all about Heavenly Father & Jesus in lots of books located here” (place in a bathroom mirror – our ward has a family bathroom that I’ll use).
- Clue #4 goes behind the 3rd phrase and says: “The prophet helps me gain a testimony” (place in the library with the librarian or tape to the door).
- Clue #5 goes behind the 4th phrase and says: “Ward members (including me) can bear their testimonies here” (place behind a picture of the prophet in the primary room).
- Clue #6 goes behind the 5th phrase and says: “My Bishop has a strong testimony” (place on the podium in the chapel).
- Clue #7 goes behind the 6th phrase and says: “Primary music helps strengthen my testimony & to do what is right” (place on the bishop’s office door or with the Bishop).
- Clue #8 goes behind the 7th phrase and says: “Light shines in this door each morning just like I should share my light each day” (place on the piano in the Primary room)
- Clue #9 goes behind the 8th phrase and says: “Missionaries from our ward need strong testimonies while on their missions” (place on a door or window in the building that faces east)
Tape the last phrase near the ward missionary plaques in the foyer. Hide the various clues around the church building.
The Church of Jesus Christ Singing Time Idea
Before Primary, hang the Susan Fitch circle images, in order, around the bubble that says “My Testimony.”
Have small groups of kids go to get each clue.
TIP: While you wait for the groups to come back, sing a wiggle song before the group gets back).
When the group returns, hang up what they found around the boy and girl and sing the phrases that are hung.
Repeat with the next clue until all the bubble words have been retrieved.
Time permitting, remove the bubble words and replace with the pictures. Or, shuffle the images and put them in order.
Outdoor Scavenger Hunt
Another variation is an outdoor scavenger hunt. Hang the above printables around your building’s grounds outside.
Primary Room Scavenger Hunt
If you want to keep your scavenger hunt in the Primary room, hang the printables pages randomly around the room instead. Have the pianist (or phone) play the song as the children go around the room to find the answers! Come back together and check answers when everyone’s finished!
More The Church of Jesus Christ Primary Singing Time Ideas
Find more singing time ideas including the 2nd verse (not found in the Children’s Songbook) for teaching The Church of Jesus Christ in singing time.
The printables for this lesson plan can be found on my Resource Library under Song Title > The Church of Jesus Christ.