- It’s a beautiful day so let’s go on a lion hunt [tap hands on top of knees – representing walking].
- Oh, look, there’s some tall grass – let’s go through it [arms are moving like pushing tall grass to the sides in order to go through it].
- [continue walking]
- There’s a fence [point with one hand while shading eyes with the other]!
- Let’s climb over it [pretend to climb and jump over a fence with arms and hands].
- [continue walking]
- I’m so hot – [wipe brow]
- Oh, look, there’s a lake. [point with one hand while shading eyes with the other]!
- Let’s swim to the other side [swim with arms].
- Wasn’t that great? [extend arms out like you are asking a question]
- I feel cooler now. [continue walking]
- Look! There’s a tree! [point with one hand while shading eyes with the other]!
- Let’s go climb it [pretend to climb a tree]
- [look around] Oh look!
- There’s a mountain over there [point with one hand while shading eyes with the other]!
- I see a cave up there. Let’s go see what is in the cave [continue walking and then pretend to be hiking up the mountain using your arms and hands].
- Whew, here’s the cave [start to speak in hushed tones or quietly].
- Let’s go inside and see what’s in here. Oh, it’s dark in here! [put thumbs and index fingers in a circle and place around the eyes].
- Oh, I see 2 eyes! Oh, I see 4 eyes [move the circled fingers to forehead as if removing the binoculars]
- LET’S GET OUF OT HERE! [tap hands on top of knees quickly – representing running!].
- Let’s hike down the mountain [climb down the mountain]
- [continue running] Climb down the tree.
- [continue running] Swim across the lake [swim with arms]
- [continue running] Jump over the fence [climb and jump over fence]
- [continue running] Go through the tall grass [arms are moving like pushing tall grass to the sides in order to go through it].
- [Slow hands down to a stop]. Oh, we made it home safely – are we all here? [count off or name each child].
- Yep! Thank goodness we all made it back. Wasn’t that fun!!
I’ve created this as a printable so you can print and take it with you!
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Nursery.