For teaching the song Search, Ponder, and Pray song, I will be utilizing bits and pieces of singing time ideas from A Children’s Songbook Companion (find details HERE on this AMAZING resource) along with a lesson sheet that Danielle posted on the Choristers FB page HERE (thank you Danielle!). I will also be teaching 2 separate lesson plans for Junior and Senior primary. If your primaries are combined, I’d suggest teaching each lesson on different weeks, starting with the Junior primary lesson plan first. Cater to each group but on different weeks.
Here’s my Junior lesson plan:
Attention Getter: Hold up the scriptures with a word card “TESTIMONY” tucked inside (word card below).
- Inside my scriptures is a word that describes what you can have if you study scriptures. There are clues in the song that will help you know what the word is. Sing the song to the children, or play it on CD. Open your scriptures and show the word card below. The word “testimony” means that you know something is true.
- The song says to “search, ponder, and pray” to gain a testimony. We are going to do some searching to learn this primary song.
- What do I love to do? [read the scriptures]
- What does the spirit do? [helps me to grow my testimony]
- What do I gain a testimony of? [the scriptures]
- What must I do to gain a testimony? [search, ponder, and pray]
- What is another word for lead or help? [guide]
- Where will I feel my testimony grow? [deep inside]
- How should I read the scriptures? [prayerfully]
- How often should I read the scriptures? [each day]
- What will I come to do? [understand]
- How can I live the Lord’s command? [answers vary – go to church, read the scriptures, keep the commandments, etc]
- How can I live as He would have me do? [answers vary – love and serve others, be an example, be baptized, etc.]
Here’s my COMPLETELY different lesson plan for Senior. My Senior primary is very familiar with this song, that’s why I wanted to really challenge them this week since it technically will be a review for them.
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Search, Ponde,r and Pray.