Stay organized with a simple Singing Time Schedule!
Transition Time (last 5 minutes of transition period)
- Wiggle Worm Jar – Check out how I use my Wiggle Worm Jar HERE. Each child will also be greeted as they enter primary by the primary presidency and birthday children will handed their Golden Birthday Ticket (see details HERE).
- Opening Song – Depending on what book of scripture we are studying, we sing a song relating to that book:
The Books in the New Testament using my printable HERE
The Books in the Book of Mormon using my printable HERE
The Articles of Faith using my prompts HERE
The Books in the Old Testament printables coming 2022!
Singing Time (20 minutes)
- Lesson Song(s) – These consist of:
- one of the suggested songs for each month that we’ve chosen for the primary program
- review the ones we’ve learned for the entire year
- something relating to the season or holiday.
Check out any of my individual lesson plan ideas HERE.
- Other Song(s) – These consist of the suggested songs for each month (found HERE) that we WON’T be learning for the primary program. Along with any suggested songs from the Come Follow Me – Primary manual that week. A quick discussion could even be brought up by simply asking the kids how the song relates to what they’ve been learning with Come Follow Me at home and in their classes. It’s also a great spot to sing miscellaneous songs your primary still incorporates into singing time (i.e. birthday songs, welcome songs, etc.).
So I am not up singing a solo on unfamiliar songs that we won’t be memorizing (i.e. wiggle songs, opening song, scripture song), I make sure to post words like I do HERE.
I create a monthly schedule with each of the elements listed above that I keep for myself and give to those involved with Primary music on Sunday. It includes dates, page numbers and any other details needed so we can all quickly get to where we need to be. I print and distribute a copy to me, our pianist and 3 Primary presidency members (5 copies total) on the last Sunday of each month for next month’s schedule.
Singing Time Planner
I use my Singing Time Planner to create and distribute my schedule. Find more details on the current year’s planner HERE
I have also a Singing Time Schedule To-Go. The monthly planner is all filled in, complete with to-go lesson plans, visuals, words to post and more! Better yet, it’s in one spot to easily download and print. To access it, subscribe to my Singing Time Schedule Membership! Lots more details can be found here if you are interested:
Once my planner is all filled in, I put my copy in the front cover of my “Singing Time Binder” that goes with me every Sunday. Find more details on my singing time binder HERE. This is Part 2 in my SINGING TIME ORGANIZATION SERIES!
I highly suggest staying organized in primary using a singing time schedule!
These posts are part of my Singing Time Organization Series. You can find all my posts in this series HERE.
I’d love any comments with how you keep yourself organized in singing time!