Stay organized with a simple Singing Time Schedule!
Transition Time (last 5 minutes of transition period)
- Wiggle Worm Jar – Check out how I use my Wiggle Worm Jar HERE. Each child will also be greeted as they enter primary by the primary presidency and birthday children will handed their Golden Birthday Ticket (see details HERE).
- Opening Song – We’ll be singing The Books in the Book of Mormon all year using my interactive post HERE. If I find that we KNOW it by the middle of the year and need something new, we may go back to doing Article of Faith songs like I’ve been doing HERE.
Singing Time (20 minutes)
- Lesson Song(s) – These consist of:
- one of the suggested songs for each month that we’ve chosen for the primary program
- review the ones we’ve learned for the entire year
- something relating to the season or holiday.
Check out any of my individual lesson plan ideas HERE.
- Other Song(s) – These consist of the suggested songs for each month (found HERE) that we WON’T be learning for the primary program. Along with any suggested songs from the Come Follow Me – Primary manual that week. A quick discussion could even be brought up by simply asking the kids how the song relates to what they’ve been learning with Come Follow Me at home and in their classes. It’s also a great spot to sing miscellaneous songs your primary still incorporates into singing time (i.e. birthday songs, welcome songs, etc.).
So I am not up singing a solo on unfamiliar songs that we won’t be memorizing (i.e. wiggle songs, opening song, scripture song), I make sure to post words like I do HERE.
I create a monthly schedule with each of the elements listed above that I keep for myself and give to those involved with Primary music on Sunday. It includes dates, page numbers and any other details needed so we can all quickly get to where we need to be. I print and distribute a copy to me, our pianist and 3 Primary presidency members (5 copies total) on the last Sunday of each month for next month’s schedule.
Singing Time Planner
I use my 2020 Singing Time Planner HERE to create and distribute my schedule.
Every month I post my monthly schedule all filled in with that I intend to teach that month. Find my past monthly Singing Time Schedules HERE. Obviously, the schedule is all tentative and if I need to make changes, I do. I just make sure to give notice to those the change will involve.
If you want access to my current month’s singing time schedule, you need to join my website using the button below and a link will be emailed to you:
Then I put my copy in the front cover of my “Singing Time Binder” that goes with me every Sunday. Find more details on my singing time binder HERE. This is Part 2 in my SINGING TIME ORGANIZATION SERIES!
I highly suggest staying organized in primary using a singing time schedule!
These posts are part of my Singing Time Organization Series. You can find all my posts in this series HERE. I suggest reading them from the last post to the most recent so they are in chronological order.
I’d love any comments with how you keep yourself organized in singing time!