First up is my “Singing Time Schedule.”
- Wiggle Worm Jar – Check out how I use my Wiggle Worm Jar HERE. Each child will also be greeted as they enter primary by the primary presidency and birthday children will handed their Golden Birthday Ticket (see details HERE).
- Opening Song – We’ll be singing The Books in the Book of Mormon all year using my interactive post HERE (coming soon!). If I find that we KNOW it by the middle of the year and need something new, we may go back to doing Article of Faith songs like I’ve been doing HERE.
- Scripture Song – these will consist of the suggested songs for each month (found HERE) that we WON’T be learning for the primary program. I’ll rotate them every other week during the month. A quick discussion could even be brought up by simply asking the kids how the song relates to what they’ve been learning with Come Follow Me at home and in their classes.
- Wiggle Song(s) – See my Wiggle Worm Jar HERE. These will be used as needed, especially if I didn’t have time for them during our transition time.
- Lesson Song(s) – These will consist of one of the suggested songs for each month that we’ve chosen for the program, review the ones we’ve learned for the entire year or something relating to the season or holiday. Check out individual lesson plan ideas HERE.
So I am not up singing a solo on unfamiliar songs that we won’t be memorizing (i.e. wiggle songs, opening song, scripture song), I make sure to post words like I do HERE.
I create a monthly schedule with each of the elements listed above that I keep for myself and give to those involved with Primary music on Sunday. It includes dates, page numbers and any other details needed so we can all quickly get to where we need to be. I print and distribute a copy to me, our pianist and 3 Primary presidency members (5 copies total) on the last Sunday of each month for next month’s schedule.
In the past, to create my document, I have simply saved a template on Word entitled “Singing Time Schedule” that I can quickly change for the next month’s schedule.
This year I’ll be retiring the Word document and using the monthly planner I’ve created. You can find my 2020 Singing Time Planner and Scheduler HERE (coming soon!) for you to fill in if you like.
Every month I post my monthly schedule all filled in with that I intend to teach that month. Find my past monthly Singing Time Schedules HERE. Obviously, the schedule is all tentative and if I need to make changes, I do. I just make sure to give notice to those the change will involve.
If you want access to my current singing time schedule, you need to join my website using the button below and a link will be emailed to you: