- Welcome Song – to be rotated monthly. Check out my list of welcome songs HERE. Each child will be greeted as they enter primary and birthday children will receive their Golden Birthday Ticket (see details HERE).
- Opening Song – we’ll be singing The Books in the New Testament all year using my interactive post HERE. If I find that we KNOW it by the middle of the year and need something new, we may go back to doing Article of Faith songs like I’ve been doing HERE.
- Scripture Song – these will consist of the suggested songs for each month (found HERE) that we WON’T be learning for the primary program. I’ll rotate them every other week during the month. A quick discussion could even be brought up by simply asking the kids how the song relates to what they’ve been learning with Come Follow Me at home and in their classes.
- Wiggle Song(s) – See my Wiggle Worm Jar HERE. These will be used as needed.
- Lesson Song(s) – these will consist of one of the suggested song for each month that we’ve chosen for the program, review the ones we’ve learned for the entire year or something relating to the season or holiday.
I create a monthly schedule with each of the elements listed above that I keep for myself and give to those involved with Primary music on Sunday. It includes dates, page numbers and any other details needed so we can all quickly get to where we need to be. I print and distribute a copy to me, our pianist and 3 Primary presidency members (5 copies total) on the last Sunday of each month for next month’s schedule.
I’ve also created a monthly planner HERE for you to fill in if you like.
Then I put my copy in the front cover of my “Singing Time Binder” that goes with me every Sunday. Find that information HERE. Find all my posts in my “Staying Organized” series HERE and find all of my Singing Time Schedules HERE including the most recent month.