- Two weeks a month are focused on learning that month’s program song
- Those same two weeks I also do a 5-minute song for the other 2 program songs we are NOT learning for the program. More details HERE.
- One week a month is centered around a holiday, season or event that occurs that month (I won’t touch the program song that week at all!)
- One week a month (typically the last week) I review of all the songs we’ve learned that year for the program with a review game
- If there is a 5th week, I usually take this week to catch up (due to Stake Conference, General Conference, Christmas, etc.) or we do another review activity similar to the 4th week. I just try to plan accordingly.
Here’s an example of implementing my monthly routine in January:
This set up has worked great for me. We learn the program songs but also get to sing a lot of other songs in the songbook as well. Come program time, there are usually a few songs that we still need words for or maybe we didn’t get to all the verses but I’m okay with that. I mean, come on, even the Tabernacle choir gets to use their music when they perform – why can’t the Primary?
If you need help scheduling your month, I suggest checking out my Singing Time To-Go membership! Find more details HERE.
These posts are part of my Singing Time Organization Series. You can find all my posts in this series HERE.