I’ve firmed up my lesson plan for this week and I’m only going to teach the chorus to Choose the Right. I’m using a combination of ideas from Pat Graham’s workshop and some I found from Yahoo Groups.
- Picture of boy praying #111
- Picture of a family paying their tithing/coins #113/114
- Picture of a family at church receiving the Sacrament #108
- You choose to say your morning prayer (hold up GAB picture 111 & hang on chalk board).
- You choose to say bad words when you are angry.
- You choose to pay your tithing (hold up GAB picture 113/114 and hang on chalkboard).
- You choose to sleep in and miss church.
- You choose to be reverent during the Sacrament (hold up GAB picture 108 & hang on chalkboard).
- Pass sticks to the person on the right when you sing “right”
- Boys sing only “Choose the right” (hold up their sticks) Girls sing the rest/switch
- Younger children sing “Choose the right,” (hold up their sticks) teachers and leaders sing the rest
- Lights on = sing words; lights off = clap rhythm
- Gradually remove key words so only the pictures remain on the board
All my printables are free and filed on my Resource Library. Filing instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Choose the Right.