I’ve firmed up my lesson plan for this week and I’m only going to teach the chorus to Choose the Right. I’m using a combination of ideas from Pat Graham’s workshop and some I found from Yahoo Groups.
- Picture of boy praying #111
- Picture of a family paying their tithing/coins #113/114
- Picture of a family at church receiving the Sacrament #108
- You choose to say your morning prayer (hold up GAB picture 111 & hang on chalk board).
- You choose to say bad words when you are angry.
- You choose to pay your tithing (hold up GAB picture 113/114 and hang on chalkboard).
- You choose to sleep in and miss church.
- You choose to be reverent during the Sacrament (hold up GAB picture 108 & hang on chalkboard).
- Pass sticks to the person on the right when you sing “right”
- Boys sing only “Choose the right” (hold up their sticks) Girls sing the rest/switch
- Younger children sing “Choose the right,” (hold up their sticks) teachers and leaders sing the rest
- Lights on = sing words; lights off = clap rhythm
- Gradually remove key words so only the pictures remain on the board
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Choose the Right.