- ERASER: “Erase” (don’t sing) the words “choose” and “right” in the song Choose the Right.
- GLUE: Glue your legs together and your arms to your sides so you hold really still while we sing Had I Been a Child.
- MARKERS: Only sing Nephi’s Courage when you are wearing the same color as the marker that is held up.
- RULER: Measure the volume as we sing Stand for the Right. Point to 1 inch for softer up to 12 inches for louder.
- CALCULATOR: Count how many times we sing the words “shining” then “brightly” in Every Star is Different.
- PENCIL: Write with your hands (sign language) to the song As a Child of God.
- SCISSORS: Sing When I am Baptized legato (smoothly) as if it were a piece of paper for the verse. Then when we sing the chorus, cut it up by singing staccato (choppy).
- SHARPENER: Sharpen the song by enunciating each word for I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus.
This hymn, My Redeemer Lives is short, memorable and often overlooked. However,