- ERASER: “Erase” (don’t sing) the words “choose” and “right” in the song Choose the Right.
- GLUE: Glue your legs together and your arms to your sides so you hold really still while we sing Had I Been a Child.
- MARKERS: Only sing Nephi’s Courage when you are wearing the same color as the marker that is held up.
- RULER: Measure the volume as we sing Stand for the Right. Point to 1 inch for softer up to 12 inches for louder.
- CALCULATOR: Count how many times we sing the words “shining” then “brightly” in Every Star is Different.
- PENCIL: Write with your hands (sign language) to the song As a Child of God.
- SCISSORS: Sing When I am Baptized legato (smoothly) as if it were a piece of paper for the verse. Then when we sing the chorus, cut it up by singing staccato (choppy).
- SHARPENER: Sharpen the song by enunciating each word for I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus.
Friends Are Fun and We Are Different are PERFECT primary songs to take into elementary classrooms for a Valentine’s Day class party! They emphasize kindness and being a good friend, perfect for elementary students! Use my bell charts to introduce a little music while you’re at it. So simple, kindergartners to 6th graders will enjoy this activity!