Children love a good book! So they’ll love interacting with this singing time Thanksgiving Sing-A-Story! Let them finish the sentences on each page that coincide with a Primary song!
This concept for this Thanksgiving Sing-A-Story found The Children’s Songbook Companion book but I’ve altered it up quite a bit so keep reading for my version!
Thanksgiving Sing-A-Story Book Printables
For this Thanksgiving Sing-A-Story, you need the pages found in the book:
Download the Free [SONG] Singing Time Printables
These printables are filed on the Resource Library page under Category Title > Thanksgiving.
Get access to this printable
and my entire FREE Resource Library!
Subscribe to my free newsletter and get instant access to my Resource Library, which includes this file and all of my other free singing time printables!
Click the button below, enter your information then check your inbox for the link to the Resource Library!
Assemble the Book
Print the first page cover on red card stock (optional). Then print all the rest on white card stock. Add a blank piece of red card stock for the back cover to complete your book cover.
With the song titles on the back:
- Boat (Mayflower) / Nephi’s Courage
- Log cabin (home) / The Wise Man and the Foolish Man
- Cornucopia (fruits and vegetables) / The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden
- Fall tree (fall)/ Autumn Day
- Pilgrim feast / For Health and Strength
- American Indians / Book of Mormon Stories
- Turkey / Give Said the Little Stream
- Pilgrim and American Indian praying / I Pray In Faith
The actual words of the story go into their own sheet protector with nothing behind them:
Place the red cover sheets and the words to the story in a binder. The images/song titles do not initially go into the binder as that is part of the activity.
When the book is completely put together, after the activity, you have the red cover page, the first line of the story “The pilgrims came to America on a…” (as pictured above).
Then you flip to the picture of the boat (Mayflower):
This contains the song Nephi’s Courage right behind it:
And so on. If you keep all the pages in order as they are printed, everything will fall into place where it should go.
Then put your book in a 3-ring binger. That way it’s able to be propped up on a table as you sing:
You also need 8 magnets or tape.
Post the Lyrics using Flip Charts
Make sure to post the words using these flip charts for any unfamiliar songs.
Thanksgiving Sing-A-Story Set Up
Sing-A-Story Variation for Younger Children
- Nephi’s Courage – Puppets & actions
- The Wise Man and the Foolish Man – actions or blow these houses
- The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden – string garden or pass around fake (or real) food to the beat of the song that would be found in a garden as you sing
- Autumn Day – leaves
- For Health and Strength – round
- Book of Mormon Stories – actions
- Give Said the Little Stream – wands
- I Pray in Faith – Review Cards or actions found I Pray in Faith – Actions
More Thanksgiving Singing Time Ideas
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Thanksgiving.