I’m going to be playing “Primary Music Memory” after our primary program is over (I know ours isn’t for a few more weeks, but you’re welcome!). It’s fun, laid back and isn’t anything program-related at all! Just matching up the first and last song titles of random, fun songs and then singing them. I found the original idea HERE.
Also, if you want to sing more than trying to find matching cards, I recommend only putting up 3 sets of matches at a time (so there are only 6 cards on the board at one time). This way the kids will find matches faster and you will be singing LOTS more! When 2 matches have been found, rotate in 2 more matches (4 cards) so there are never just 2 matches left which is an obvious match (does that make sense??).
Here’s my list of songs that we’ll be matching (I picked songs that had a long title):
- The Wise Man and the Foolish Man
- Families Can Be Together Forever
- Give Said the Little Stream
- Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
- The Church of Jesus Christ
- I Hope They Call Me on a Mission
- I Love to See the Temple
- Oh What Do You Do In the Summertime
- Once There Was a Snowman
- Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus
- Teach Me To Walk in the Light
- Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
- The Books in the Book of Mormon
- The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden
- We’ll Bring the World His Truth
Find my tip on good magnets HERE and don’t buy the ones I have pictured below!
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Musical Memory.