I’m going to be playing “Primary Music Memory” after our primary program is over (I know ours isn’t for a few more weeks, but you’re welcome!). It’s fun, laid back and isn’t anything program-related at all! Just matching up the first and last song titles of random, fun songs and then singing them. I found the original idea HERE.
Also, if you want to sing more than trying to find matching cards, I recommend only putting up 3 sets of matches at a time (so there are only 6 cards on the board at one time). This way the kids will find matches faster and you will be singing LOTS more! When 2 matches have been found, rotate in 2 more matches (4 cards) so there are never just 2 matches left which is an obvious match (does that make sense??).
Here’s my list of songs that we’ll be matching (I picked songs that had a long title):
- The Wise Man and the Foolish Man
- Families Can Be Together Forever
- Give Said the Little Stream
- Head Shoulders Knees and Toes
- The Church of Jesus Christ
- I Hope They Call Me on a Mission
- I Love to See the Temple
- Oh What Do You Do In the Summertime
- Once There Was a Snowman
- Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus
- Teach Me To Walk in the Light
- Tell Me the Stories of Jesus
- The Books in the Book of Mormon
- The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden
- We’ll Bring the World His Truth
Find my tip on good magnets HERE and don’t buy the ones I have pictured below!
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Musical Memory.