JUNE is ANOTHER “song of your choice!” To pick my June song of choice, just like May, I looked at June’s theme for the month and started from there (it helps our Program jive a little better!).
June’s theme is “Priesthood Ordinances and Temple Work Bless My Family” Find the 2014 Outline for Sharing Time HERE
(page 12). Here are my suggestions (they are all listed under “Temples” “Family History” and “Priesthood” in the Topics section in the back of the Children’s Songbook
TEMPLES (see also Family History):
- Families Can Be Together Forever p. 188 – find my lesson plan HERE
- I Love to See the Temple p. 95 – find my lesson plan HERE or one on lds.org HERE under “Week 3”
- The Lord Gave Me a Temple p. 153 – find my lesson plan HERE
- Truth from Elijah p. 90
FAMILY HISTORY [not already listed above]:
- Family History-I am Doing It p. 94 – This is my pick – find my lesson plan HERE
- Family Night p. 195
- I Have a Family Tree p. 199
- The Hearts of the Children p. 92
- Truth from Elijah p. 90
- A Young Man Prepared p. 166
- I Like My Birthdays p. 104
- Love Is Spoken Here p. 190 – find my lesson plan HERE
The Fifth Article of Faith p. 125 – find song prompts HERE
The Priesthood Is Restored p. 89
For ideas for teaching the other songs, I’d reference the following:
- A Children’s Songbook Companion. Find details of this book HERE.
- Sugardoodle HERE and search for the song alphabetically.
- Search past files on Primusic on Yahoo Groups (find details HERE)
- Google, Pinterest, Facebook (Primary Music Leaders Facebook Group HERE), or other singing time blogs of course!
So what are you picking for June song of your choice? Leave a comment to help someone else decide!
5 thoughts on “June Song: Song of your choice from the Children’s Songbook, Hymns, or Church magazines”
I just have to say you are amazing! You are my favorite source to go to for ideas for singing time – what a wealth of experience and talent you have and even more so I'm so glad you take the time to share it with those of us lacking just a bit!!! Thank you so much!
We are singing Love is Spoken Here! One of my favorites 🙂
Thanks! I Love To See The Temple (both verses)
The Hearts of the Children p. 92 because I LOVE to teach "lesser known" songs
Are you looking for Pop music? Want to collect pop ringtones? I will introduce you to the most popular and downloaded songs:
A Million Dreams ringtone download
Lost Without You ringtone Download
Woman Like Me ringtone Download
Shallow – Lady Gaga ringtone Download
Promises ringtone Download
I hope you like it. Leave a comment for my post. You can also refer to the installation of many other genres here: https://bestringtonesfree.net/