I’ve seen this idea of primary fireworks floating around a few places so I thought I’d give it a try this week in singing time…
Perfect to send us out of July with a BANG (or to ring in the new year as well)!!!
Summer’s been seriously fun and crazy at home so I also needed a quick activity to make up for my lack of planning. I purchased 2 packages of 10 of these Party Poppers at Wal-Mart HERE
for $1.47 each (I found them in the party section). Since I have a Jr. and a Sr. primary I needed 14 total (7 songs for each primary).
Then I simply wrote the names of our 7 songs we’ve learned so far this year on small pieces of paper and slipped them into each one. I used tweezers to lift the cardboard end, then popped it back into place…
To use the “fireworks” in primary, I’ll pop each one out toward the kids and out will “explode” (it just pops out – there is no explosion at all!) the confetti and the song to sing. Now, so we don’t just sing each song, I am going to bring some previously-used activities to go along with each song when we sing it (totally optional):
- He Sent His Son: Position Cards (find them HERE)
- I Will Follow God’s Plan: Necklaces (find them HERE – I will just switch out random ones telling who should sing)
- I Stand All Amazed: Hot ‘n Cold (find it HERE)
- The Family is of God: Musical Instruments (find it HERE)
- Family History-I Am Doing It: Lap/Clap/Slap (find it HERE – scroll down past the instruments)
- Keep the Commandments: Bells (Find it HERE)
- Baptism: Wands (find it HERE)
If you want some more ideas for other review games, find them all HERE