This Primary Christmas Song Nativity is a great lesson the Sunday before Christmas in singing time. It may take longer than your allotted 20 minutes so plan accordingly. This would also work GREAT for your ward or family Christmas party entertainment!*
Also bring a doll for the baby Jesus – unless one of the small nursery children are willing ;).
Here are the scriptures you’ll be reading and the songs to sing after each:
- Helaman 14:2 – 13 (Samuel the Lamanite on the Wall) – Samuel Tells of the Baby Jesus
- Luke 2:1, 4-5 (Joseph & Mary traveling) – When Joseph Went to Bethlehem
- Luke: 2:7 (The Nativity) – Away in a Manger
- Luke 2:8 – 10 (The Announcement of Christ’s Birth to the Shepherds) – Stars Were Gleaming
- Luke 2:11 (The Birth of Jesus) – The Nativity Song
- Christmas Bells (optional but it’s fun!) with the bells, find details HERE
- Have Samuel up on a wall with other primary children below shooting “arrows” at him, not listening, etc.
- Have someone hold the decree from Caesar, then Joseph and Mary wearily traveling (not sure how you’d do the donkey – maybe a poster!)
- Mary, Joseph & Baby Jesus only
- Shepherds and the angel telling them to fear not
- The nativity again with the baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, Shepherds, Wise Men, angels and all cast members.
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Christmas > Christmas Sing-A-Story.