How about ending out the year with a bang!? These singing time fireworks are really fun! This is the last Sunday before all next year’s work begins! Here’s a low-prep activity that everyone will enjoy this holiday weekend…
Purchase 1 package of 10 of these Party Poppers at Wal-Mart for $1.47 (I found them in the party section). Since I have a Jr. and a Sr. primary I need 10 total (5 songs for each primary). Amazon sells some here too:
Then simply write the names of 5 songs you want to sing on small pieces of paper and slip them into each one. Use tweezers to lift the cardboard end, slide in your piece of paper, then pop it back into place…
Need a simpler idea? Number each popper using a sharpie marker on the bottom and number songs on a sheet of paper that correlate to each popper!
You can sing any number of songs: your favorites from 2014 or all the past outline songs which is what I’d suggest:
- 2010 outline song: I Know that My Savior Loves Me found HERE (a GREAT way to introduce them to it).
- 2011 outline song: If I Listen With My Heart found HERE.
- 2012 outline song: As a Child of God found HERE.
- 2013 outline song: If the Savior Stood Beside Me found HERE.
- 2014 outline song: The Family is of God found HERE (scroll down to 2014 section).
Downloading each of these songs and playing them on a CD, phone, etc. will help the kids listen and sing as they will probably be unfamiliar to most of these. Then post the words to each song. See how I do that HERE
To use them, I’ll pop each one out toward the kids and out will explode the confetti (not messy at all) and the song to sing. You could also have them do an activity while they sing to keep their attention better:
- Position Cards HERE
- Wands HERE
- Necklaces HERE (hold out random signs to indicate who should sing)
Happy New Year!!