I’ll be pulling out an old lesson plan from way back when for teaching The Holy Ghost. But I’ve updated it a bit by incorporating some simplified ASL actions to shake things up a bit!
Below are the words we’ll be signing in ASL along with some of my notes:
- Christ: HERE make a “c” with left hand, touch right shoulder, then left hip
- Earth: HERE left hand, using thumb and middle finger, placed on top of right wrist and moved back and forth
- Promised: HERE right hand a fist at chest level, left hand pointer to lips, then opens up and is brought down to right hand.
- Send: HERE left hand brushes outward something off the top of right hand
- Holy Ghost: HERE (may just simplify this even more) by pinching thumbs and middle finger together and pull a string – just the last half of the sign.
- Comfort: HERE right hand is pulled through left hand and vice versa
- Friend: HERE pointer fingers, rounded, cross then switch
- Holy Spirit: Same as Holy Ghost
- Whispers: HERE the boy makes a trumpet with both hands with his fingers wiggling (different from link)
- Still Small Voice: HERE (sign for voice) but the boy above does it a little differently which I like: place hands on chest, fingers spread and bring them up to throat.
- Testifies: HERE sign the letter “t” by placing thumb between pointer and middle and making a fist; place left hand at chest level then bring forward to right flat palm
- God: HERE make a shepherd’s staff shape from middle of chest, ending at forehead using left hand, palm facing right
Christ: same as above
- Heart: HERE draw a heart on your chest
- Rejoice: HERE palms facing chest, move in a circular motion, up then out
I’ve got a video here helps:
HERE’s an amazing link by the church that Tara let me know about in the comments! It has simple videos of the more unusual vocabulary we use in the Church! Love it!
For the 2nd verse, I’ll just be continuing on with the sign language and word strips. Find details for the 2nd verse HERE. I also suggest reviewing signs using scarves! Check out my shop HERE for an Amazon link to the scarves I purchased.
If you want more details for teaching sign language in primary, check out my post HERE.
More Singing Time Ideas
Find more ideas for teaching The Holy Ghost in singing time HERE.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > The Holy Ghost.