April is a “your choice” song! To pick my April song, I looked at April’s theme for the month and started from there (it helps our program jive a little better!). April’s theme is “Jesus Christ Is My Savior and Redeemer.” Here are my suggestions (which I picked from section 2, The Savior, in the Children’s Songbook!):
- He Sent His Son . 34 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- I Think When I Read That Sweet Story p. 56
- Tell Me the Stories of Jesus p. 57 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Beautiful Savior p. 62 (find my lesson plan HERE – this is what I chose, more to come!)
- I Feel My Savior’s Love p. 74
- This Is My Beloved Son p. 76 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- I’m Trying to Be like Jesus p. 78 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Had I Been a Child p. 80 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- When He Comes Again p. 82
For ideas for teaching the songs where I don’t have a lesson plan linked, I’d reference the following:
- A Children’s Songbook Companion. Find details of this book HERE.
- Sugardoodle HERE and search for the song alphabetically.
- Search past files on Primusic on Yahoo Groups (find details HERE)
- Google, Pinterest, Facebook (Chorister’s Group HERE), or other singing time blogs of course – I have several linked to the right and scroll down!
What are you teaching this month? Leave a comment to help someone else decide!