June is a “your choice” song! To pick my June song, I looked at June’s theme for the month and started from there (it helps our program jive a little better!). June’s theme is “The First Principles and Ordinances of the Gospel Make It Possible for Me to Live with God Again.” Here are my suggestions (which I chose from “Ordinances” in the Topics section in the back of The Children’s Songbook!):
- A Young Man Prepared p. 166
- Baptism p. 100 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Families Can Be Together Forever p. 88 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- I Know My Father Lives p. 5
- I Like My Birthdays p. 104
- I’m Trying to Be like Jesus p. 78 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Listen, Listen p. 107
- Love is Spoken Here p. 190
- Search, Ponder, and Pray p. 109 (find my lesson plan HERE) – this is what I chose!
- The First, Fourth or Fifth Articles of Faith p. 122, 124, 125 (find my Article of Faith prompts HERE)
- The Holy Ghost p. 105 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- The Priesthood Is Restored p. 89
- The Still Small Voice p. 106
- Truth from Elijah p. 89
- When I Am Baptized p. 103 (find my lesson plan HERE)
For ideas for teaching the songs where I don’t have a lesson plan linked, I’d reference the following:
- A Children’s Songbook Companion. Find details of this book HERE.
- Sugardoodle HERE and search for the song alphabetically.
- Search past files on Primusic on Yahoo Groups (find details HERE)
- Google, Pinterest, Facebook (Chorister’s Group HERE), or other singing time blogs of course – I have several linked to the right and scroll down!
What are you teaching this month? Leave a comment to help someone else decide!