- What do I love to see? [the temple]
- When will I go to the temple? [someday]
- When will I prepare to go to the temple? [while I am young]
- Why is it so important that we prepare ourselves? [this is my sacred duty]
- What two things will I do there? [listen and pray]
- When I go to the temple someday, what will I feel? [the Holy Spirit]
- Who’s house is the temple? [God’s house]
- What is the temple a place of? [love and beauty]
- Because I love to see the temple, where will I go someday? [inside]
- What two things will I do there? [covenant with my Father, promise to obey]
- What is a covenant? [sacred promises you make with Heavenly Father]
- In the first verse the temple is called a “house of God.” What does it call it in this verse? [a holy place]
- What special blessing will we receive when we go there? [sealed together]
- As a child of god, I’ve learned an important truth. What is it? [a family is forever]
- What can I do now to prepare to go to the temple? [answers vary]
You can download all these questions below.
As the child is pinning on Moroni (feel free to blindfold and gently spin beforehand), the primary will sing the song. The primary will sing louder as the child is going in the right direction, and softer if they are going in the wrong direction (if I find this doesn’t work, I will just omit it). I’ll also make sure to tell the kids that they need to listen to the words as they sing so they can answer the questions correctly to get a turn ;). And only great singers will get a chance to answer a question. I’ll obviously be less stringent with Junior primary than I will be with Senior primary.
UPDATE: the loudly/softly didn’t work very well for me so I ended up omitting it. Also, for Jr. I simply picked the best singers (eventually everyone got a turn :), to walk from the back of the room to the temple with Moroni in their hands and pin him on as the primary sang. They LOVED it, were so reverent and sang their hearts out for a turn! In between turns, we’d go over some of the questions together as a group.
Hopefully you will be able to review the song over and over again as each child gets a turn to pin Moroni on the temple!
The September 2019 Friend also has this printable HERE that you could incorporate into teaching this song as well:
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > I Love To See the Temple.