I printed the activities on colored card stock using various Olympic colors (red, yellow, blue, green and black – which I printed on white paper and mounted on black card stock)
Ryan included all of the songs you can print out and have the kids choose which song they want to sing with what activity but I ended up just writing the songs on the back of my printouts with a Sharpie:
- Torch Relay – If I Listen With My Heart
- Archery – Praise to the Man
- Rhythmic Gymnastics – I Will Follow God’s Plan
- Synchronized Swimming – Beautiful Savior (sign language – if you don’t
- have a sign language song, use my yoga cards HERE if you like)
- Kayaking – The Lord Gave Me a Temple
- Marathon – Search Ponder and Pray
- Volleyball – I Love to See the Temple
I did need one additional Olympic activity to go with our 8 program songs so I added biking:
Download my document below as well.
- Biking – Stand for the Right
Simply place all the items on the board and have children choose which activity to do. Pull it down and sing the song on the back. For the torch relay, you will need to bring a flashlight and turn the lights off when you sing.
If you like, pass out Olympic gold medals at the end (chocolate gold coins taped onto red yarn):
Check out this quick tutorial video for accessing the Resource Library:
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Olympics.
1 thought on “2016 Summer Olympics”