For the month of July, the 2017 Outline for Sharing Time gives you the option of teaching The Wise Man and the Foolish Man, or a song of your choice from the Children’s Songbook. I chose to pick my own song for mainly 2 reasons:
- The kids KNOW The Wise Man and the Foolish Man. It’s a song that we regularly sing as a wiggle song. It’s got great movement/actions and the kids love it. Since they know it so well, I wanted to jump on the opportunity to teach a new song to them.
- I wasn’t sure they could sing the song for the program without doing the actions. I’m not sure I could do it so I just took the safe route and decided to not include it in the program.
- Choose the Right Way p. 160
- Dare to Do Right p. 158 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Every Star Is Different p. 142 (find my lesson plan HERE – this is what I chose!)
- Hum Your Favorite Hymn p. 152
- I Believe in Being Honest p. 149
- I Need My Heavenly Father p. 18
- I Will Follow God’s Plan p. 164 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- I’m Trying to Be like Jesus p. 78 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Listen, Listen p. 107
- Teach Me to Walk in the Light p. 177 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- Teacher, Do You Love Me? p. 178
- The Holy Ghost p. 105 (find my lesson plan HERE)
- The Still Small Voice p. 106
**note that I only included songs from the Children’s Songbook in order to stay with the recommendation that the choice be from the songbook.
For ideas for teaching the songs where I don’t have a lesson plan linked, I’d reference the following:
- A Children’s Songbook Companion. Find details of this book HERE.
- Sugardoodle HERE and search for the song alphabetically.
- Search past files on Primusic on Yahoo Groups (find details HERE)
- Google, Pinterest, Facebook (Chorister’s Group HERE), or other singing time blogs of course – I have several linked to the right and scroll down!