These Rain is Falling All Around Primary singing time ideas let you sing this Primary song year-round! So make sure to sing it all year long in any season!
But if I had to pick a favorite time to sing this song, it would definitely be fall using the fall details below!
Singing Time Idea
Teach these some simple actions to learn this song:
- Rain is falling all around: wiggle fingers as they are drawn downward to represent rain
- On the housetops: place finger tips together to create a “roof”
- On the ground: point to or touch the ground
- Rain is falling: wiggle fingers as they are drawn downward to represent rain
- On my nose: touch nose
- On my head: touch head
- And hands: show hands
- And toes: touch toes
Directive Listening Question
Optionally, ask this directive listening question:
- Listen to the song again and tell me where the raindrops are falling. [On the housetops; on the ground; on my nose, head, hands, and toes]
Rain is Falling All Around Handbell Chart
This simple handbell chart plays the simple melody is PERFECT for beginners! It also only needs the basic 8-note handbell set!
Find more details for handbells for singing time.
You can also change the phrase “rain is falling” to adjust for your current season:
- Spring: wind is blowing or keep rain is falling
- Summer: sun is shining
- Fall: leaves are falling
- Winter: snow is falling
Then simply adjust your actions as needed.
For spring, bring a spray bottle and spray the air as the children sing “rain is falling.” For the phrase “wind is blowing” bring in a hair dryer.
For summer, this Summer Scene Singing Time Idea incorporates the phrase “sun is shining.”
For winter, this Winter Scene Singing Time Idea incorporates the phrase “snow is falling.”
We need rain. Grass, trees, flowers, and children could not grow without water. Rain is a blessing from Heavenly Father. (Can also intersperse “rain” for any of the alternative phrases suggested above.)
These printables are filed on the Resource Library page under Song Title > Rain is Falling All Around.