I’ll bet your primary KNOWS at least the first verse to I Am a Child of God. But have you ever stopped to teach the meaning of the song along with the other verses? If you haven’t, I HIGHLY suggest you do it!
- Premortal life – chorus
- Birth – chorus
- Earth Life – 1st verse
- Death – 1st verse
- Spirit World – 2nd verse
- Resurrection – 2nd verse
- Final Judgement – 2nd verse
- Telestial Kingdom – 3rd verse
- Terrestrial Kingdom – 4th verse
- Celestial Kingdom – 4th verse
If Jr. primary needs movement, incorporate simple hand actions for the chorus and sing it each time you sing a verse. Or they can color the coloring page at the bottom of this post.
- lead me, guide me: a “come here” action repeated twice using both arms
- walk beside me: arms sway out front together twice
- help me find the way: arms rainbow above head one direction then back
- teach me all that I must do: spread out arms to gesture “all”
- to live with Him someday: arms out front slowly raised toward heaven
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > I Am a Child of God.