I’ll bet your primary KNOWS at least the first verse to I Am a Child of God. But have you ever stopped to teach the meaning of the song along with the other verses? If you haven’t, I HIGHLY suggest you do it!
- Premortal life – chorus
- Birth – chorus
- Earth Life – 1st verse
- Death – 1st verse
- Spirit World – 2nd verse
- Resurrection – 2nd verse
- Final Judgement – 2nd verse
- Telestial Kingdom – 3rd verse
- Terrestrial Kingdom – 4th verse
- Celestial Kingdom – 4th verse
If Jr. primary needs movement, incorporate simple hand actions for the chorus and sing it each time you sing a verse. Or they can color the coloring page at the bottom of this post.
- lead me, guide me: a “come here” action repeated twice using both arms
- walk beside me: arms sway out front together twice
- help me find the way: arms rainbow above head one direction then back
- teach me all that I must do: spread out arms to gesture “all”
- to live with Him someday: arms out front slowly raised toward heaven
I also have a coloring book/flip chart for this song. You can find more details HERE.
Check out my quick demonstration video for teaching I Am a Child of God in singing time using this lesson plan:
You can also find this video on my YouTube channel HERE. I’d love it if you’d like and subscribe!
More Singing Time Ideas
Check out MORE singing time ideas for teaching I Am a Child of God HERE.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > I Am a Child of God.