Teach Easter Hosanna this Easter in singing time.
Then give a brief outline of the song:
Download the Free Easter Hosanna Singing Time Printables
These printables are filed on the Resource Library page under Song Title > Easter Hosanna.
Get access to this printable
and my entire FREE Resource Library!
Subscribe to my free newsletter and get instant access to my Resource Library, which includes this file and all of my other free singing time printables!
Click the button below, enter your information then check your inbox for the link to the Resource Library!
Or post the words using this flip chart format instead.
Bear testimony to the children that you know that Jesus Christ did appear to the Nephites after his crucifixion and you can read all about it in the Book of Mormon.
Easter Hosanna Handbell Chart
Two handbell charts are available for Easter Hosanna. Both of which are for the chorus only (which is great because you can reinforce the verses with no bells ringing).
This chart uses the guitar chords on the words, “Hosanna!”
Also available is a chart for the chorus that plays the melody.
Access these printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing the Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
You can also play this song on handbells using my YouTube video:
I’d love it if you’d like and subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Directive Listening Questions
- What words did the Nephites cry as they rejoiced? [Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God!]
- Notice as you sing the second half of the chorus that it is the same tune as the first half (pitch lead to help give a visual), except for one word. Which word is it? [High] Sing the entire chorus.
- As I sing the first phrase, find a word that means that the prophecies came to pass or happened. [Fulfilled] Invite the children to sing this phrase.
- As I sing the next phrase, see if the melody is the same or different. [Same] Have the children sing this phrase and then add it to the first phrase.
- Now find two words that describe how Jesus looked. [White-robed and glorified] Point out the analogy of the descending scale: “as he came down from heaven…”
- Jesus Christ appeared to the Nephites on the American continent. What is another name in this song for the American continent? [Promised Land]
- What did the righteous people see? [His wounds]
- What did they come to understand? [That He was risen]
- What are three other names for Jesus Christ? [Savior, Lord and King]
- The Nephites rejoiced. Now who else rejoices? [We rejoice]
More Easter Singing Time Ideas
Scroll through all of my Easter singing time ideas for more suggestions!
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Easter Hosanna.