Then I’ll give a brief outline of the song:
You can also play this song on handbells using my YouTube video:
- What words did the Nephites cry as they rejoiced? [Hosanna! Blessed be the name of the Most High God!]
- Notice as you sing the second half of the chorus that it is the same tune as the first half (pitch lead to help give a visual), except for one word. Which word is it? [High] Sing the entire chorus.
- As I sing the first phrase, find a word that means that the prophecies came to pass or happened. [Fulfilled] Invite the children to sing this phrase.
- As I sing the next phrase, see if the melody is the same or different. [Same] Have the children sing this phrase and then add it to the first phrase.
- Now find two words that describe how Jesus looked. [White-robed and glorified] Point out the analogy of the descending scale: “as he came down from heaven…”
- Jesus Christ appeared to the Nephites on the American continent. What is another name in this song for the American continent? [Promised Land]
- What did the righteous people see? [His wounds]
- What did they come to understand? [That He was risen]
- What are three other names for Jesus Christ? [Savior, Lord and King]
- The Nephites rejoiced. Now who else rejoices? [We rejoice]
All of these questions are available at my Resource Library as well.
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Easter Hosanna.