May is also a “your choice” song! To pick my May song, I looked at May’s theme for the month and started from there (it helps our program jive a little better). May’s theme is “Prophets Teach Us to Live the Restored Gospel” Here are my suggestions (which I picked from the “Prophets” topic found under the Topics section in the back of the Children’s Songbook!):
- Book of Mormon Stories p. 118 – this is what I chose this year, more to come!
- Follow the Prophet p. 110 – find my lesson plan HERE
- Keep the Commandments p. 146 – find my lesson plan HERE
- Latter-day Prophets p. 134 – find my lesson plan HERE
- Nephi-s Courage p. 120 – find my lesson plan HERE
- Seek the Lord Early p. 108 – find my lesson plan HERE
- Stand for the Right p. 159 – find my lesson plan HERE
- The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden p. 237
- We’ll Bring the World His Truth p. 72 – fiond my lesson plan HERE
For ideas for teaching the other songs, I’d reference the following:
A Children’s Songbook Companion
. Find details of this book HERE
and search for the song alphabetically.
Google, Pinterest, Facebook (Chorister’s Group HERE
), or other singing time blogs of course!
There are a few good hymns that go along with this month as well:
- Praise to the Man – find my lesson plan HERE
- We Thank Thee, Oh God For a Prophet – Reference the 2018 Outline HERE in May for teaching tips
Leave a comment with what you’ll be teaching this month to help someone else decide!