To teach this song (this activity will also work with ANY Mother’s Day song if you omit the bells), I am going to simply write the words on the chalkboard (all verses). I’ll pass out handbells to the kids and we’ll sing and ring through the song. After each time we sing all 3 verses, I’ll have teachers pick a good singer from their class to come erase a word and draw a picture of their mother’s smiling face in its place (so about 3-4 kids erasing/drawing at a time). Repeating until every child has had a turn to erase a word and draw a picture and everyone has had a turn with the bells. Hopefully we’ll have the entire song erased by the end and lots of smiling mothers 🙂
- What 2 words describe Mother’s face? [happy, smiling]
- Mother’s happy, smiling face makes home what kind of place? [lovely]
- What 2 words describe mother’s eyes? [lovely, shining]
- What are mother’s eyes like? [stars that twinkle]
- What will I try all day to do? [please our Heavenly Father]
- Why will I try to please Heavenly Father? [to show him that I’m so glad he gave me you]
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Mother Dear.