I LOVE LOVE LOVE using activities the the Friend in singing time! There is another gold mine in the April 2020 Friend that is easily adaptable into a singing time lesson! Perfect for home-centered singing time as well!
The original article is from the April 2020 Friend found HERE. The short story is written perfectly to fit in related primary songs! Check it out:
- After Jesus Christ died, his body was laid in a tomb. Sing: He Sent His Son p. 34
- On Sunday, women came to care for His body. They found His tomb open and empty. Sing: He Died That We Might Live Again p. 65
- Angels said that Jesus was alive again! This was the first Easter. Sing: Hosanna p. 66
- Jesus visited His followers and showed them His resurrected body. Sing: Beautiful Savior p. 62
- He ate with them and taught them before returning to Heavenly Father. Sing: Did Jesus Really Live Again? p. 64
- Jesus saved us from death and sin. He loves us! Sing: Jesus Has Risen p. 70
Simply cut out the images from the magazine. Then read the story using the related images and sing the song after each image. To sing the songs, sing along to the the music from the church’s website HERE or the Sing-Along app (more details can be found HERE) although it works only with IOS.
The First Easter Printable
For whatever reason (I’m sure it’s me!), I can never get these double layout pages to print correctly when I download them. Also, I didn’t want to print all the blue background. So I adjusted the printable to be much more printer friendly! I also added where the songs are to be inserted:
You can access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
My cousin also shared her Easter Primary Lesson HERE that incorporates LOTS of singing as well! Thank you Olivia!
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Easter > The First Easter.