Teach the hymn, As I Search the Holy Scriptures in singing time or at home with this fun and simple “search the scriptures” activity!
I found this flip chart HERE to help with my lesson plan! I just reduced the images so they fit 4 to a page. This way they tuck nicely into a regular-sized set of scriptures.
You can access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Search the Scriptures:
For the activity, cut the printable into 4ths and place at random into a set of scriptures. Then close the book! Let the kids “search the scriptures” for them! There are SEVERAL variations for using this activity!
- Print a set for each of your children and placing the pages randomly in each of their scriptures. For the activity, they must find each of the pages, then put them in order.
- Play the hymn on your phone or on the church’s website HERE as they search for the pages and put them in order .
- Use a hymnbook to check answers and sing it as you do. Repeat until they are all correct.
DURING SINGING TIME
- Divide into small groups and have each group use a set of scriptures and continue to use as directed above.
- Have one set available up front. Have a few children fill the scriptures with the printable pages, then have a few children find the pages, then have a few other children place them in order on the board. All the while singing the song with the rest of the primary and checking the answer at the end. Then repeat with new groups of children.
Additionally, if you want to watch a few little video about the composer of this song, check it out HERE. Ironically, she is blind so she knows literally all about searching the scriptures!
Make sure to check out all of my other home centered singing time lesson plan ideas HERE.
All my printables are free and filed on my Resource Library. Filing instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > As I Search the Holy Scriptures.