I have a beautiful singing time lesson plan for I Stand All Amazed. However, it’s a little complicated to do during a home centered singing time. So I’ve modified one of the activities that kids will really enjoy!
My original lesson plan for I Stand All Amazed HERE is great for virtual or live singing times! I contemplated creating a video but alas, videos stress me out as they aren’t my forte. If anyone creates a singing time video using this lesson plan, please share!
You can access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Have the kids watch the sing-along video to I Stand All Amazed here:
As they watch the video, have them decipher the code! Here’s the key:
- Blue dots: the words “I” and “me”
- Red dots: the words “love” and “grace” (essentially love)
- Green dots: the words “Jesus” and his pronouns
- Grey dots: All other words
Once the code has been deciphered, the kids can do other activities with the video as well. Have them grab a pencil and do the following:
- Use a pencil to conduct the song any way they’d like
- Move their pencils to how the music makes them feel
- Pitch lead (move the pencils up or down depending on how the notes are)
- Make the pencils bounce when the song does (wonderful, care for me, die for me)
- Listen to and then sing the rhyming words – raise pencils when a rhyme is heard
- Raise pencils every time they hear “wonderful”
- Create actions with pencils (when they sing “stand,” have them lift up their pencils, make a heart shape when they sing “love,” shake the pencil like it’s trembling for “tremble,” make a cross for “crucified,” for “suffered” touch a palm with the pencil where Christ had nails, etc.)
- Learn how to crescendo (get louder, vigorously shaking pencils) and decrescendo (get softer, shaking softly)
- Sing the song legato or smoothly and wave pencils back and forth the same way
- Breathing techniques – draw a “rainbow” with pencils and only breathe at the end of the phrase or “rainbow”
If you happen to be back to singing time together but without singing, I HIGHLY suggest using my bell chart for this song! Find more details on my chart HERE. It’s also available in my Resource Library.
ASL for I Stand All Amazed
Also available are simple sign language actions. Some were shared HERE. There’s a video in the comments of that link as well!
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > I Stand All Amazed.