There’s no better day to show your love for your neighbor than on Valentine’s Day! This Valentine’s Day singing time idea uses primary songs to discover neighbors who can always use kind note!
Sing to or watch sing-along videos to the primary songs that relate to one of your neighbors! Then cut out hearts and write a quick note to each of them. Once finished, deliver the hearts and tape them to each of their doors.
If you really want to go the extra mile, drop off a Valentine’s Day treat too!
Valentine’s Day Songs
- A Happy Family p. 198 – write a note to your family expressing your love to them.
- Our Bishop p. 135 – write a note to your bishop telling him how much you appreciate all he does for your ward.
- I’ll Walk with You p. 140 – write a note to a neighbor you frequently see out walking telling him/her you appreciate their good example of good health.
- Teacher, Do You Love Me? p. 178 – write a note to your primary teacher telling them you miss seeing them every Sunday or thank them for the lessons they provide
- I’m Trying to Be Like Jesus p. 78 – write a note to a neighbor who always acts kindly toward you
- We Are Different p. 263 – write a note to a neighbor who is a lot older or a lot younger than you are
- Jesus Said Love Everyone p. 61 – write a note to a neighbor who may often get overlooked by others
- A Smile Is like the Sunshine p. 267 – write a note to a neighbor who is always smiling and tell them you appreciate their smile
- I Love to See the Temple p. 94 – write a note to a neighbor who frequently visits the temple and thank them for their service
- Love One Another p. 136 – write a note to any other neighbors who you feel inspired to write to
You can easily create your own heart cutouts or print my hearts here (print as many pages as you like on red and pink paper – optional):
You can access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
I created a YouTube playlist HERE that contains all the songs above. This is great for home-centered singing time.
Check out my lesson plan done virtually! Thanks Lynsie for sharing!!
All my printables are free and can be downloaded from my Resource Library. Access to my Resource Library is sent to you via email and not linked here. If you need initial access to my Resource Library or need access sent to you again, click on the button below, fill out your information then check your email. Instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button. Check out my email tutorial HERE for more help.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Valentine’s Day.