Here’s a quick and easy lesson plan for the primary song Have a Very Merry Christmas! Create simple actions that coincide with the lyrics and add in the handbells as a movement option! I have 2 different handbell charts available!
The song Have a Very Merry Christmas! is a very visual song. Actions seems like a natural choice for teaching this song!
- Have a very merry Christmas: smile and place hands with thumbs extended around face
- Scatter gladness everywhere: scatter or spread items on the floor
- Sing the carols of the Christ child: place hands at chest level as if a “caroler” or singer
- Let your neighbors know you care: give a hug
- Have. most exciting Christmas: smile and place hands with thumbs extended around face
- Ring a bell and trim a tree: ring a bell and place an ornament on a tree
- Stuff a stocking for a loved one: place an item in other hand as if holding a stocking
- Hang the holly joyously: hang holly
- Have a happy family Christmas: smile and place hands with thumbs extended around face
- Gather all your loved ones near: gather motion with arms
- Talk about the Baby Jesus: hold a baby in your arms
- Wrap your hearts in love this year: place hands over heart
Once you’ve learned the actions, pass out bells! If you need more information on using handbells, check out my post HERE. I have 2 charts available:
One chart is simply the melody:
Access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Make sure to check out all my Christmas lesson plans HERE.
All my printables are free and filed on my Resource Library. Filing instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > Have a Very Merry Christmas.