Try this monster music mash-up to review any songs during Halloween or really during any time of year! Your primary will love creating their own, unique monsters and the mix it creates with various actions, groups and what songs!
I love the idea shared HERE and HERE about creating a monster mash-up singing time activity! My activity is similar just with my own spin on it. Enter Monster Music Mash-Up, complete with printables to download!
First, download the monster body parts. There are 6 different bodies, 6 pair of eyes and 6 mouths.
Access my printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Print on card stock (optional but recommended!), cut out and laminate all the monster components. Write the songs (or any song/phrases you like), actions and groups to sing on the back of each.
Monster BODIES contain SONGS on the back:
- Monsters LOVE stories! Sing Book of Mormon Stories p. 118
- Monsters look different. Sing We are Different p. 263
- Monsters are wiggly! Sing My Hands p. 273
- Monsters don’t like happy families. Sing A Happy Family p. 198
- When you’re afraid of a monster, Hum Your Favorite Hymn p. 152
- Don’t let monsters make you sad! Sing Smiles p. 267
Monster EYES contain ACTIONS on the back:
- Sing with teeth clenched and lips apart
- Stretch your arms wide, crouch down and stomp feet as you sing
- Sing with a loud growly monster voice
- Sing with your eyes big and wide without blinking
- Monsters stink! Plug your nose as you sing
- Monsters love the dark! Stop singing every time the lights go on
Monster MOUTHS contain GROUPS on the back:
- Stand and sing when you are wearing a color being held up (use various colored markers to change the group throughout the song)
- Boys stand on chairs and sing
- Girls stand on chairs and sing
- Teachers stand and sing
- Those who are odd ages stand and sing
- Those who are even ages stand and sing
Before primary, place all monster bodies, eyes and lips spread items out on a table at the front of the room.
Monster Mash-Up Activity
Choose 3 children to come pick a body, a pair of eyes and lips to create a monster. Use more or less children depending on the size of your primary so most children will eventually get a turn.
Place the created monster on the board. Sing the song on the chosen body with the actions listed on the chosen eyes with the group listed on the chosen mouth. Post the words as needed like I do HERE.
Create a new monster using new children. Sing the song with new actions and a new group. Repeat until all the monsters have been created and all the songs have been sung.
Bear testimony that although there are no such things as monsters, if you are ever afraid, you can always pray to Heavenly Father and the Holy Ghost can bring you comfort.
Check out all my other review activities HERE.
Or if you are looking for something more related to Halloween, make sure to check out my Hinges for Halloween lesson plan HERE.
All my printables are free and filed on my Resource Library. Filing instructions for accessing each printable on my Resource Library are below the button.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Monster Music Mash-Up.