This 2023 singing time planner lets you plan singing time weekly, monthly or yearly! This year, new editing capabilities are available to make planning your singing time even easier!
There are TONS of singing time planners out there. I have scoured them all and this is my absolute favorite layout! I personally like to plan a month ahead and this planner easily lets you do so! But do what works best for you and your primary!
One exception is I like to have a simple yearly outline summary using the Music for Singing Time 2023 found HERE.
With that summary, I create a digital playlist to hand out as a Christmas gift. The Digital Playlist for The New Testament is HERE.
What's in this Primary Singing Time Planner?
This is the original idea behind my singing time planner. It’s basic and simple yet very organized and efficient – just the way I like things ;). The 2023 planner caters to Come Follow Me – New Testament suggested music for singing time.
How to use the Primary Singing Time Scheduler
- Theme & Songs: The theme listed at the top of the page is simply New Testament – pretty straight forward ;). It’s what we’re studying in Come Follow Me this year. The 3 songs listed below the theme are the monthly Music for Singing Time 2023 song suggestions.
- Weekly Date & Topic: The date and topic coincide with each Sunday of every month! The weekly topic is from Come Follow Me-Primary. It may come in handy if you want to try and incorporate that topic into singing time somehow.
- Transition Time: Take advantage of transition time (the scheduled time to move between classes) to sing! Even if it’s just one song!
For 2023, our primary will sing The Books in The New Testament during “Transition” time. So I simply write that in this section.
Details for my Interactive Bookshelf for The New Testament can be found HERE.
Time permitting, sing some wiggle songs during transition time as well. An easy way to do this is to create a Wiggle Worm Jar. Find details on that jar HERE.
- Singing Time: The “Singing Time” section is what you intend to teach during singing time. This is typically your focus area for singing time that week.
- Other: Some primaries still celebrate birthdays with a birthday song, or welcome visitors, etc. This is a way to accommodate any “other” singing you may do in singing time. It’s also nice just for some more writing space ;).
Ideas for the “other” section can include:
- The 2 suggested monthly Music for Singing Time songs that you aren’t teaching during singing time that month
- Suggested songs from the Come Follow Me – Primary curriculum (the ones written at the bottom of each weekly block)
- More wiggle/movement songs (use the Wiggle Worm Jar suggested above!).
- Weekly Suggested Songs: The songs that are occasionally at the bottom of each weekly block are songs that are suggested in the Come Follow Me-Primary curriculum (as noted at the bottom of the planner). However, if a song was suggested in the primary curriculum AND it’s already a monthly song suggested for singing time, I’ve left it off for that particular week because it’s already listed at the top of the planner. Clear as mud? 😉
- Notes, Ideas, Materials, etc.: This section is left with lots of space for you to write in any additional information.
- Blank Planner: Also available is a blank singing time schedule. It works with any month and any year.
NEW Editing Capabilities for this Primary Singing Time Schedule planner
New to 2023’s Singing Time Planner is the option to edit! Add your own text to any of the blue areas before printing using Adobe Reader or Preview.
This option to edit is included with Singing Time To-Go PREMIUM subscriptions for 2023! But if you just need the planner, keep scrolling for information to purchase it.
Singing Time To-Go: Stress free Instructions for Singing Time
Singing Time To-Go takes all the stress out of planning your weekly singing time lesson plans. The planner is filled in, complete with the current month’s suggested songs, seasonal activities, reviewing for the program, words to post and more!
Better yet, it’s in one spot to easily download and print. For more information on Singing Time To-Go, click here:
If you want details on Singing Time to-Go, check out overviews of previous months’ Singing Times To-Go HERE. Stay organized and maintain a stress-free singing time by having it all planned and mapped out for you!
Purchase the Primary Singing Time Planner
The editable 2023 Singing Time Planner is also available in my shop for $14.99. But grab it while it’s on sale from November 14th – November 30th for only $9.99!
FREE LDS Primary Singing Time Planner
Like always, the original singing time planner that has always been available is in my Resource Library at no cost. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Each monthly planner is its own document so you can easily print one at a time.
Leave us with your LDS Primary Singing Time Ideas!
How do you like to plan singing time to keep yourself organized in this busy calling? Leave comments to help others out!
Seriously – if you are struggling with this calling, I strongly encourage you to plan ahead! It takes the stress off your Saturday nights/Sunday mornings!
**I’m prone to mistakes – more than I care to admit and it can be terribly embarrassing!! So if you see any, PLEASE let me know ASAP!!
LDS Planner & Staying Organized Series
Also, if you struggle staying organized in this calling, scroll through my Staying Organized posts all found HERE. I go into a lot more detail about several items I’ve outlined above.
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Planner > 2023.