Continue to polish off all of your Primary program songs using Week 2 of Stories of Jesus New Testament singing time review activity! Your Primary will come away being prepared for the program while learning more about the stories of Jesus from the New Testament!
I know this format will help prepare your Primary to sing in sacrament meeting.
Last week we focused on the words. Week 2 focuses on perfecting the dynamics. Next week we’ll bring in the spirt. Lastly, we’ll top it all off with a chapel review!
New Testament Primary Program Review Week 1
Find more details for Week 1’s Stories of Jesus New Testament Singing Time Review in case you missed it.
Program Review Activity Week 2
This week’s activity can be used on its own or condensed as needed. Review any songs each week. Pick different songs to work on or review the same songs each week.
Tales of the Sea
Post the page for “Tales of the Sea” on the board. Read the instructions to the Primary. Then sing each song using these water cards:
Access these printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing the Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
Print on card stock, cut in half and laminate (optional). Make sure to check out the singing time office supplies I suggest you always have on hand.
Water Card Dynamics Activities
Week’s 2 review activity focuses on the dynamics of your songs. The dynamics are all presented through a common theme – water! Water is used everywhere in the scriptures to convey different meanings, just like this activity!
- Waves: The music should ebb and flow like waves. Sometimes growing bigger (louder) and sometimes becoming smaller (softer). Optionally, use scarves.
- Waterfall: Stand up straight and tall like a waterfall. Optionally, use wands to direct children to stand up tall or slouch.
- Rain: Rain falls separately in drops. Sing Staccato or choppy to resemble raindrops.
- Flood: Open your mouth wide to flood the room with sound when you sing. Optionally, cut a slit in a tennis ball and draw eyes to create “Tennis Ball Bob.” Squeeze the sides of the ball to mimic opening and closing mouths.
- Well: Just like a well requires water, singing requires air. Fill your lungs with air by taking a deep breath before each phrase. Optionally, use a hobermansphere or slinky to demonstrate when to draw in good breaths.
- River: Rivers wind and bend together to create an “S” shaped riverbed. keep all the S’s together as you sing. Pass out clothespins. Keep them open until words ending with an “S” are sung. Pinch the clothespins together on words ending with “S” or simply use fingers to pinch on the “S’s”.
- Sea: When there’s a ripple in a calm sea, you notice it. Don’t make any ripples by standing completely still as you sing. Optionally, use a motion detector app on your phone to detect any movement as you sing. Or find someone to watch closely for movement.
- Spring: Sometimes springs flow and sometimes they stop. Just like singing, follow the music leader by starting, stopping, standing and sitting together. Optionally, use a large baton, stick, wand, etc. to lead the music so the Primary can follow your direction.
Also check out this demonstration video for teaching the Stories of Jesus Primary program review in singing time using this lesson plan:
You can also find Stories of Jesus Primary Program Review Week 2 on my YouTube channel. I’d love it if you’d like and subscribe!
Stories of Jesus Week 3
Here is Week 3 Stories of Jesus Primary program review activity. Week 2 focuses on the dynamics with some fun water cards!
2023 Primary Program Thank You Gift
Then make sure to check out this Primary program thank you gift to be handed out in singing time the day of your sacrament meeting presentation. It doubles as a thank you, treat and activity all packed into one!
More Primary Program Singing Time Review Activities
Scroll through more Primary program singing time review activities for help with more ways to review for your Primary program!
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Category Title > Primary Program Review > Stories of Jesus.