When I Am Baptized is an important song to teach in Primary! Especially to those children encroaching baptism. Help them connect with an intangible gospel concept with something as tangible rain and rainbows by using these When I Am Baptized Primary singing time ideas.
Why IS baptism like rain and rainbows? The connection is made in 3 different ways with the wand movement pattern singing time suggested below and will blow your mind! Your Primary will come away never doubting the importance of baptism. Definitely my favorite!
Teach the Primary song, When I Am Baptized using these various singing time methods (click on the link to quickly jump to that section):
Lyrics to When I am Baptized
Find the sheet music to When I Am Baptized on the Church’s website. I love how the lyrics relate something intangible like the purpose of baptism to something as tangible as rain and rainbows!
- I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
- I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away, And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day. I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain. I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
When I Am Baptized Flip Chart
Find Choose the Right Way lyrics in a printable flip chart format so you can easily post the words in your Primary!
When I am Baptized Song: Ideas for Singing Time Activities
1. Teach When I am Baptized Lyrics using Wands
If I had to pick a favorite singing time lesson plan on my website, this one is it! I LOVE how it uses wands to teach the When I Am Baptized in 3 very different ways!
2. Use Children's Songbook Companion to teach When I am Baptized LDS Lyrics
A Children’s Songbook Companion contains a singing time lesson plan for every single song in the Children’s Songbook including When I Am Baptized.
Access this in my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing my Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
3. Teach When I Am Baptized with Handbells
This handbell chart utilizes simple chording. This post explains everything you need to know about using handbells in singing time.
Access these printables at my Resource Library. Instructions for accessing the Resource Library are found at the bottom of this post.
4. Teach When I am Baptized Song with Merry Bells
Or another handbell option for When I Am Baptized is Merry Bells. There are several options to choose from:
- Play Along DVD Primary Songs
- Digital Download Multi-Note Harmony
- Digital Download Single-Note Melody
- Printable Handbell Charts
- The Merry Bells App
Make sure to use coupon code CPI for 10% off your entire order!
5. Teaching When I am Baptized Lyrics with Simplified ASL
ASL is always a great option as well! Holly has great simplified ASL videos for teaching When I Am Baptized. Check out her video here:
Then sing along with her here for practice before teaching:
Make sure to check out my post for more helpful tips for teaching sign language in singing time!
When I Am Baptized Song History
In 1986, this song was a Church music contest winner entitled “Rainbows: A Baptism Song.” There were many songs about baptism, and without a different focus the song could not be considered.We approached Nita Milner [the author and composer] about revising the words with a virtue inference. After several suggestions she consented to the changes.That was fortunate, as the song has definitely become a favorite. The title now emphasizes the message, and the song is listed in the topic index under “baptism” and “morality.”
Leave your When I Am Baptized Singing Time Ideas
How will you teach When I Am Baptized in singing time? Leave a comment with your suggestions and ideas!
These printables are filed on my Resource Library page under Song Title > When I Am Baptized.