There are several options for teaching When He Comes Again in singing time! The hard part is deciding which one to choose! Check out all these ideas to decide which is best for your primary.
NEW MUSIC LEADERS
Welcome to Your New Calling!
If you are a new Primary Music Leader and searching for help to get started, you’ve come to the right place!
The purpose of singing time is to “teach children the gospel of Jesus Christ through music” The Children’s Songbook p. 300. To do that, make sure you keep this quote by Elder Bednar in mind:
Click through these tabs to find simple tips, advice and information for your new calling:
For your first week as Primary Music Leader, I suggest you get to know the primary kids with my activity HERE using the primary song, Here We Are Together!
Tips for navigating my site
At the top of my website are several “tabs” I’ve created (that apparently you have found if you are reading this!) that I feel will be the most beneficial to you. Here are a few more details about those tabs:
Blog: Here you’ll find all my posts! The “meat” of my website! Blog post topics range from weekly singing time lesson plans to planning singing time, to sharing singing time tips, supplies etc. The free printables associated with each post, requires access my Resource Library. You can access it here or throughout my website:
- Contact: Reach out if you ever need anything including help with lesson plans, website problems (ugh!) or typos – trust me, I’m human and it’s a serious pain (more than I care to admit!).
New Music Leaders: Where you are now!
Index tab: This will help you navigate through my website. Use the drop-down!
- Posting Words: This is a tool I use that saves me from singing solos and gets more kids and teachers singing
- Review Activities: This is a list of my go-to activities to review any song(s)
- Lesson Plans: Easily find what I have posted over the years throughout my blog all organized by song titles and categories.
- SHOP: Find out where I purchase the singing time supplies I recommend and use the most with my lesson plans.
You can also follow me on Pinterest and Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube channel:
Take a look around! If I can be of further assistance, contact me using the “Contact” link above (hover over the “About” tab to see it) or by leaving a comment anywhere, anytime and I’ll respond as soon as I can. Hopefully there’s something here that can help with your awesome calling!